October 5, 2012 | Posted by Michael "Aquadoc" Campana
Leave a Comment
I read his book, The Closing Circle, as a first year graduate student in 1971. It had quite an effect on me.
It is worthwhile to recall his four informal rules of ecology:
1) Everything is connected to everything else
2) Everything must go somewhere
3) Nature knows best
4) There is no such thing as a free lunch
Click here for the weekly water news summary.
“You cannot bend the wind, so bend the sail.” - West African proverb (via Kofi Annan)
- TGIF! Weekly Water News Summary, 8 – 14 September 2012 Enjoying a few days in Cooperstown, NY, and a long-overdue...
- TGIF! Weekly Water News Summary, 1 – 7 September 2012 I will be heading home to the USA early on...
- TGIF! Weekly Water News Summary, 22 – 28 September 2012 School started this week. Got some smart ones – grads...
- TGIF! Weekly Water News Summary, 15 – 21 September 2012 All groundwater, all the time! For five days, anyway. I...
- TGIF! Weekly Water News Summary, 4 – 10 August 2012 Time once again for a summary of last week’s water...
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.