August 16, 2013 | Posted by Michael "Aquadoc" Campana
Leave a Comment
It is with heavy hand that I must report that it is indeed a sad day in print journalism: V.A. ‘Vinnie’ Musetto, the man who wrote one of the greatest headlines in tabloid history, was sacked from his freelance gig by the New York Post. Here’s the story.
And don’t forget – we are ready to go now! The AWRA Annual Water Resources Conference is just about three months away! The Preliminary Program is ready: check out the oral andposter presentations. Super Saver registration expires on 31 August.
Follow us on Twitter using the hashtag #2013AWRA.
Note: Effective 12 August 2013 I will archive all job Tweets (including grad student TAs & RAs, paying internships) at#JobWaWi
Here we go! Enjoy! Click here.
“State-federal cooperation is much easier to come by in water development than in pollution abatement, because development means expenditures and more business while abatement often means new restrictions and higher costs.” -Sen. Frank E. Moss (D-UT, 1959-1977), The Water Crisis, 1967, p. 261 (thanks to Matthew G. Heberger, P.E. The Pacific Institute)
- TGIF! Weekly Water News Summary, 3 – 9 August 2013 What’s this? A water well guidleines publication in Swahili? You...
- TGIF! Weekly Water News Summary, 27 July – 2 August 2013 Let me just put in a pitch for Todd Jarvis’s...
- TGIF! Weekly Water News Summary, 16 – 22 March 2013 There is a heavy dose of Canadian content this week....
- TGIF! Weekly Water News Summary, 25 – 31 May 2013 Glad the sunshine followed me home from Saskatoon! Have a great...
- TGIF! Weekly Water News Summary, 2 – 8 March 2013 Don’t forget that at 2 AM this Sunday morning (10...
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.