- Spencer Schnier, 2013-2014 recipient of the AWRA Richard A. Herbert Memorial Scholarship – Graduate (Ph.D.) Student Award ($2,000)
- Gabrielle Ostermayer, 2013-2014 recipient of the AWRA Richard A. Herbert Memorial Scholarship – Graduate (M.S.) Student Award ($2,000)
- Matt Ellison, 2013-2014 recipient of the AWRA Richard A. Herbert Memorial Scholarship – Undergraduate Student Award ($2,000)
You can read their biography statements here (pdf).
Again, due to the overwhelming generosity of AWRA members, the Board of Directors and Scholarship Committee are also pleased to announce three additional scholarships awarded for 2013-2014. Recipients are:
- Abigail Charest ($1,000), Ph.D. Student, Worcester Polytechnic Institute
- Karen Jackson ($375), M.S. Student, Colorado State University
- Samuel Woolford ($375), M.S. Student, University of Georgia
In 1980, AWRA established the Endowment-Memorial Fund to be used for the enhancement of education in water resources. The fund has since been renamed the Richard A. Herbert Memorial Educational Fund to honor Richard A. Herbert — a champion for water resources education — who passed away in 1994. In order to carry out his vision, AWRA is proud to announce the availability of $4,000 in scholarships derived from the proceeds of this fund.
To date, the scholarship has helped more than 35 students (pdf) continue with their studies in water resources management. This scholarship program is considered by AWRA and our members to be one of our greatest accomplishments. If you would like to show your support for our next generation of water resources managers, please consider making a donation to our scholarship program. You need not be a member of AWRA to donate.
For more information on AWRA or our scholarship program, contact Membership Services Manager Christine McCrehin, email@example.com.